Since ic789 has buggered off to Las Vegas, I'll post a Friday five to keep our common friends happy.
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
School teacher.I wrote out math and spelling exercises on my little blackboard. Can't remember if I just imagined students or used dolls and stuffed toys as the class. Yeh, I know. Nerd.
- What is your proudest accomplishment so far
Gees. I dunno. I've done a lot of things but nothing hugely major. Nothing in the leagues of having kids or developing a life-saving technique. I'm hoping that major accomplishment is to come in the next few years.
- What is your dream job?
Something productive that I am fully engaged by but that also has an end point. My problem with this question is that I'm currently figuring out what it is I want to do with the next phase of my life so you've caught me at a very confused/uncertain moment.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Man, I always hate these questions. I'd like to be
- in a loving relationship
- doing work in line with my passions and not drudge for someone else
- having several weeks a year to travel and rejuvenate myself. I don't want work to be my whole life.
- still enjoying my cats.
- What does it take to make you happy?
Getting to spend time with friends and people who really draw me. If I'm having a great conversation or witnessing a great one, I'm really happy. I just need to feel I belong.